Friday 30 December 2016

# Beauty

Lush Boxing Day Sale Haul


I don't normally care about the Boxing Day sales but every year people always rave about the Lush sale because it only happens once a year, so this year I'd thought I'd try my luck.

I didn't visit the shop as I had no way of getting there so I placed an order online (OMG talk about stressful) So many people were trying to access the website that they had a queue system in place and their website crashed numerous time. At one point there were 80,000 people in front of me and I felt like giving up. Finally after half a day I reached the front of the queue expecting everything to be sold out, but surprisingly I managed to pick up 7 things including 2 Kitchen Exclusive items.


Here's what I bought..




Luxury Lush Pud
I mainly bought Lush's Christmas range because 1) they were really cheap and 2) they only come out once a year so thought I'd better stock up. This is one of my favourite Christmas bath bombs and I buy one every year.  It has lavender in it which makes for a relaxing bath and the colours are so pretty when it is placed in the water.





Northern Lights
The next bath bomb I got was Northern Lights. This is actually the first time I've bought this and I'm excited to try it. One side is blue and the other is yellow, and from videos I've seen, when placed in the bath it makes for an epic show. It has a floral type of scent to it which hits you when you first smell it but isn't too overpowering.



Shoot For The Stars
This is another one of my favourite Christmas bath bombs that Lush bring out. They've changed the design this year to 3 big stars instead of 1 shooting star, but the scent is still the same which I'm so happy about. The stars are bath melts and have cocoa butter in them which leaves my skin feeling super soft. 



Never Mind The Ballistics
This is a new bath bomb that Lush have brought out as part of their 2016 Christmas range. I haven't used it yet so am excited to try it but I love the design of it. It looks like a ball from a birds eye view which is so creative, and has a bath melt coating on the top which is obvious when you hold it. I like the fact that Lush are combining bath melts with bath bombs in their Christmas range, so you get the benefits of both.


The Christmas Penguin
When I saw Lush still had some of these on sale I clicked add to basket so fast. I mean just look how cute it is, it almost makes me not want to use him. The Christmas Penguin is a bubble bar and can be crumbled under running water to fill your bath with lots of bubbles. It also turns the bath a calming light blue colour, perfect to help you relax after a long day.



Golden Slumbers
This was something I picked up from the Lush Kitchen. On their website they say it is only sold as part of the Lush Spa gift set and not separately, so I'm happy that I managed to get one. This is the perfect bath bomb to use before bed as it includes lots of calming oils such as lavender and chamomile. The bath bomb itself has glitter on the top to make it sparkle and just by smelling it, I can tell lavender is a key ingredient.



Cyanide Pill
The last thing I bought was also from the Lush Kitchen. This was a Lush Oxford Street exclusive product so I never got the chance to try it when it was in the shop. It contains almond oil, lemon oil and cedarwood oil and smells like vanilla which makes it quite sweet (I love sweet scents though so doesn't bother me) One side of the pill is yellow and the other is white, which makes it similar to Northern Lights as the colours mix together from both ends. Lush's website also say it contains a surprise in the middle which turns out is popping candy. I cannot wait to see it in the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment