Sunday 4 December 2016

# Christmas

My Top 10 Christmas Adverts

I can't believe that we're in December already, this year has literally flown by!!

One of my favourite things about this time of year though is all the Christmas adverts that get released by different companies. So to honour that here is a list of my top 10 Christmas adverts.

It was really hard to narrow it down because there are so many amazing/heartwarming adverts out there, but here are the ones I finally decided on ....

1) John Lewis - The Long Wait 



John Lewis always bring out the most heart warming/emotional Christmas adverts. However their 2011 one still remains my favourite. This is mostly because the advert is not what it seems at first glance, and when you find out the real reason the little boy is so excited for Christmas it can't help but put a smile on your face.


2) Coca Cola - Holidays Are Coming 



Every year I always say the same thing "It's not Christmas until you see the Coca Cola advert." Even though this advert has been around for years it's an absolute classic, and I can't help but get excited when I see the Coca Cola truck on TV.


3) M&S -  Christmas With Love From Mrs Claus



This is M&S' (Marks And Spencer) Christmas advert for this year and it is the sweetest thing ever. This advert really portrays what everyone wants at Christmas and that is for their loved ones to be happy. It also makes me wish that I had a sibling.


4) Sainsbury's - The Greatest Gift



Another advert that has been released for Christmas 2016 and possibly my favourite offering of the year is by Sainsbury's. It includes an insanely catchy song sung by James Corden (I actually can't stop singing it) and the animation is just amazing. It follows a similar message to M&S' advert and focuses on the family side of Christmas and how that's the best gift there is.


5) John Lewis - Man On The Moon


Like I mentioned previously John Lewis nail their Christmas adverts every year, so I had to include another one of their offerings in my top 10. This is their 2015 advert and it really pulls on the heartstrings. It's in partnership with Age UK and tells the story of how lonely some people can be at Christmas.


6) Amazon - A Priest And Imam Meet For A Cup Of Tea


This is Amazon's advert for 2016, although they don't mention it is a Christmas advert the message it portrays makes it seem that way. It's a story about 2 friends from different religions who both share the same problem. They then surprise each other with a gift to help with that problem. I love this advert so much. The message it portrays is, we all have similar problems/pain regardless of who we are and what we believe in. Amazon have gotten this across in a really beautiful way, making for a heartwarming advert.


7) Boots - #SpecialBecause



Not everybody gets the luxury of having Christmas Day off. This is something that Boots highlight in their 2014 Christmas advert. It tells the story of a mum who is working on Christmas Day as a nurse and cannot celebrate with her family. Her family then surprise her by travelling from all over to be with her on Boxing Day. It's such a tearjerker but highlights what Christmas is all about, being loving and caring.


8) Sainsbury's - 1914



The second Sainsbury's advert to feature on my top 10 list is their 2014 Christmas advert titled 1914. Based on a true story from the first world war, where on 25th December 1914 some British soldiers and some German soldiers left their trenches for a game of football. I love how they've recreated that moment in this advert. It really tugs at the heartstrings and shows that even during one of the darkest times in history, nothing beats human kindness.


9) Argos - I Can Shop From Here



I can't believe I almost left this advert out. This is Argos' 2012 Christmas advert featuring the Argos aliens. I used to love the Argos aliens and all the adverts were so funny. I'm gutted they got rid of them. This advert basically shows their app and how you can shop from anywhere using it but adds humour to it. Please bring the aliens back Argos.



10) Toys R Us - There's A Magical Place



The advert completing my top 10 list is the Toys R Us advert. Just like the Coca Cola advert it's an absolute classic, and one that has been shown every year since I was a child. The song is so catchy and one that will be stuck in your head for ages.


What are your favourite Christmas adverts? 


No comments:

Post a Comment