Sunday 18 December 2016

# Christmas

Top 5 Favourite Christmas Films



Christmas is only a week away, so if you haven't started watching Christmas films already, now is the perfect time.


To celebrate the fact it's almost Christmas, here are a list of my top 5 favourite Christmas films. (there are so many more I love, but these are the ones I find myself watching time and time again.)





Elf is such a classic Christmas film and I watch it every year without fail. It stars Will Ferrell as Buddy the Elf who is obsessed with Santa and all things Christmas. I've watched this film so many times I could probably say it word for word. If somebody watches this film and doesn't enjoy it then they "sit on a throne of lies."  (If you've seen the film you'll understand that quote)





The next film on my list is Arthur Christmas. This film only came out in 2011 but since then I've watched it numerous times. It follows the journey of Santa's son Arthur delivering the last present to a little girl who Santa forgot.  I love how magical this film is and it reminds me of when I was a child, waiting for Santa to come in the hope he would bring me the present I'd asked for.



Another classic Christmas film is The Grinch, although I only watched this for the first time a few years ago. It is based on Dr Suess' book How The Grinch Stole Christmas and stars Jim Carrey. It tells the story of The Grinch who hates Christmas, and will do everything he can to spoil everyone else's. However he soon realises the true meaning of Christmas. I love how funny this film is and just like Elf there are so many quotes in it, that you'll find yourself saying time and time again.




I love Romantic Comedies and I love anything Christmas themed so this film is perfect for me. Love Actually tells 10 individual stories of people whose relationships are tested in the build up to Christmas. It has an all star cast which includes big names such as Keira Knightley, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. I love how this film takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotions with all the ups and downs. It also makes you realise that "Love Actually is all around."




Although not technically a Christmas film, I couldn't not include Frozen in my top 5. I mean it was released near Christmas and has a song called Do You Wanna Build A Snowman (snowmen are Christmassy.) I'll be honest when this film first came out I didn't see what the fuss was about, but now it is one of my all time favourite films. It tells the story of 2 sisters, Elsa and Anna. Elsa has magical powers and has accidentally put an eternal winter on her home town Arendelle. Anna tries to stop this with some help from Kristoff, Sven and Olaf. This film always puts a smile on my face and the songs are mega catchy (Let It Go anyone?) 


So those are my top 5 Christmas films which always get me into the Christmas spirit.


What are your favourite Christmas films?


No comments:

Post a Comment