Sunday 8 October 2017

# Lifestyle

Why I Took A Break From Blogging


GUESS WHO'S BACK, BACK AGAIN!!

Hi guys, it's been ages since I last posted on here (6 months to be precise) and I'm really sorry about that. However I'm back and with a new theme (I'm still in the process of editing it so just ignore all the non blogging drop downs) I'd just thought I'd give everyone a little update as to what I've been doing and why there haven't been any blog posts. 


Why I took a break

The main reason I took a break from my blog was because I had 0 time to write any posts or take pictures. I currently work 5 days a week so when it gets to the weekend I just want to chill out or spend time with my friends. I also felt like some weeks I was forcing myself to put a blog post up  and stressing that the pictures I took weren't good enough. Having some time away enabled me to really think about things, and decide where I want my blog to go in the future. 


What have I been doing

Throughout these 6 months I have made so many amazing memories with my friends particularly over the Summer. I went to London for a week and did so many incredible things, as well as attending Capital's Summertime Ball in June, V Festival in August and celebrating my 20th in July (officially no longer a teenager boo)  I've also been working hard on my health by trying to eat more healthily and exercise more. I'd like to say I haven't been spending as much time on social media but that's a huge lie. However whilst doing all of these amazing things, I couldn't help thinking that I should be writing about them on my blog but then I realised, that I don't have to document absolutely everything that I do. I should live in the moment and cherish the memories.


Why I decided now is the right time to return to blogging

After a lot of thinking I feel like now is the perfect time to return to blogging. Autumn is one of my favourite times of year and I get so much inspiration from it. There's lots of events happening in the next few months such as Halloween, Bonfire night and not to mention Christmas which should give me lots of exciting things to blog about. I have also decided to try and do some shorter blog posts as well as long ones, as I feel this was the main reason for me falling out of love with my blog. I have also decided to post once a week rather than twice like I planned to do, as my schedule just doesn't allow it. I think I'm going to stick to posting Sundays at 4pm but this may change.


I hope to have my next post up next weekend but in the meantime check out my other social media accounts and if you have your own blog share it in the comments below.

Instagram - Barbsxoxox
Twitter - Barbsxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment