Sunday 13 November 2016

# Beauty

What's In My Make Up Bag

Today I thought I would do a post about what's in my make up bag. 



I love make up and love nothing more than trying new products. Although I don't always wear all of these products every single day I wouldn't be without them. 


This is my go to primer. I tried out a few primers before finally taking the plunge and buying this one and I'm so glad I did. I tend to use this product before I put my foundation on but you can use it over the top of make up as well. This makes my foundation look really smooth and it definitely does what the product is designed for which is to erase pores.


Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation - £7.99


Rimmel London is my go to brand for foundations. I used to always wear their lasting finish 25 hour foundation but I recently purchased this one as I saw so many amazing reviews about it.  I bought it in the shade ivory and it's perfect for my skin tone. It applies effortlessly and doesn't have a cakey finish which I have found with other brands of foundation. 



Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer - £17.50

Urban Decay is one of my favourite make up brands. Although some of their products aren't cheap they're worth spending a little bit more on. I use this concealer under my eyes and also to cover any blemishes that appear on my skin. It blends really nicely and you're able to build it up using layers without it looking too obvious. It gives a full coverage and stays in place all day, this is something I really like particularly if it's a hot day and I don't feel like putting loads of make up on.


 Revolution Ultra Brow Palette - £7.99

I've never really had much experience with Revolution products but after using their brow palette I will definitely be trying some of their other make up products.





This palette contains 4 different shaded eye brow powders, 2 tinted eyebrow waxes. eyebrow arch enhancing cream and brow bone highlighter. You also get an eyebrow pencil, applicators and some tweezers. I think this is such good value for money as it lasts a really long time and gives you everything you need for perfect looking brows all for under £10. The palette also includes a mirror which I don't use because I tend to do my brows at home rather than out and about. I also don't use the applicators because they're so small and fiddly, so instead I use them to mix 2 shades together to get the correct shade of my eyebrows.



This was something I saw in Tanya Burr's Back To School Makeup Tutorial and thought I'd try it out. I bought it in the shade Permanent Tote. What I like about this product is it can be used as a base and eye shadow can be applied over the top, but you can also wear it on its own. It has long lasting power and really helps to bring out the colour in your eyes.

Tanya Burr Birthday Suit Eye Shadow Palette - £5.99

A friend of mine gave me Tanya Burr's Birthday suit eye palette for my Birthday and I'm so in love with it. It has 4 different shades - marzipan, toast, cocoa sugar and truffle.


The shades I wear the most are marzipan and toast but I also use soft truffle to define my lash line. I am yet to use cocoa sugar purely because I feel it's more for a going out look rather than my everyday make up look for work. I love all the colours in this palette and I love the way they blend together. The packaging is also so cute and includes a mirror which enables you to do your eye make up whilst out and about.



This is one of the best eyeliners I've ever purchased. I'm not the best at doing eyeliner and give up trying to do a cat flick but using this makes it so much easier to get my desired look. The brush enables you to draw lines smoothly and effortlessly, and it's easy to do a thick line as well as a thin line. It also leaves you with a shine finish which is a bonus, and is long lasting which everyone wants in their eye make up. It removes easily as well using make up wipes or micellar water and cotton wool.
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara - £7.99

I've had a love/hate relationship with this mascara. When it first came out I'd thought I'd try it because people were saying it was a cheaper alternative to Benefit Roller Lash (my all time fave mascara) but I just didn't see it and stopped using it. However recently in the past few months I've fallen in love with this mascara. It leaves my lashes looking full and long and adds volume to all of my lashes both big and small.


If you're familiar with YouTubers you'll know that this is Zoella's favourite lipstick and I couldn't agree with her more.


This lipstick is perfect for Autmun/Winter to add a splash of colour to your lips. It is a matte lipstick which I have always been cautious of, because some I've used in the past have been so drying on my lips, but this one is the total opposite. I can wear this all day and my lips are still moisturised come bed time. In my opinion this lipstick really brings together a make up look and is so affordable.


The final product in my make up bag is my Urban Decay make up setting spray. This is a recent purchase for me and my first ever experience with a make up setting spray.  I was torn between this one and an NYX one, but after reading all the reviews and asking other people for advice I decided on this one. I'm so glad I did though as it leaves my make up looking amazing and keeps it in place all day. It is available in 2 different sizes (30ml and 118ml). I opted for the 30ml one because it was my first time buying it but when it runs out I'll definitely be getting the 118ml one.

No comments:

Post a Comment